I just finished this necklace last night.
Can I have some applause please?
This rose themed necklace is a real experiment!
Let's begin with some inspiration.
This is a wood rose pendant. It is $ pricey $.
I really like it but it is so heavy that I am having a hard time figuring out what to string it to.
I wanted a lighter red rose pendant.
This is a mold for fondant. Normally, candy molds and resin don't do well together. Surprise. This one is great! I have been working and testing the new Jewelry Resin and I don't like to waste a drop. So last week whenever I had extra, I added a red pigment to it and poured it in a mold.
These molds are shallow...perfect for Jewelry Resin which is designed to be used in bezels.
Here is my first red rose!
I have another rose mold for baking miniature rose shaped brownies (accept no brownies were ever baked.) I only filled these cavities to about the 1/3 depth mark.
That's how I ended up with these new red roses.
Then I discovered something interesting. The bigger rose was matte and the smaller ones were very glossy. Clearly, the mold type effects the outcome.
I wanted all the roses to be glossy, so I applied a glaze of uncolored Jewelry Resin to the matte rose and voila...they match!
Here is how I choose to string them together.
This necklace is what happens when you take the time to experiment with resins, colorants, molds and ideas. I learn by making mistakes. Happily, these experiments all worked out well. Hope you like it!