This paper weight is the newest object in my studio.
Earlier this summer I found this tiny egg and nest. It was so small I had a hard time photographing the tiny wisps of string and twig in the net.
I have been experimenting with EasyCast and felt I was ready to try it with something special.
I made a batch of EasyCast and prepared my mold.
The nest was so fragile I was starting to have second thoughts.....but I went ahead and covered it in EasyCast after placing the nest in the mold.
After leaving everything to cure in the mold for 48 hours my final paper weight turned out perfect!
My nest is preserved!